Is it time to give your timber floors in Bondi Beach a refinish?
It is possible to bring floorboards back to their original shining and fresh condition. This can be achieved with a new sand and polish.
It also takes less time than you may think. After the floorboards have been sanded back, a special laminate coat will be applied to protect the wood. Once this has dried, your floor will be polished to give the shine that you have requested.
Usually a job like this can take up to a week to complete when you take into account the drying time for paints and laminates. Alternatives to laminates are wax and oil and sealants to ensure that the gaps between boards are properly sealed against drafts. Varnishing and staining also provide protection as well as a different finish and colour for your floors.
For the best wooden floorboards in Bondi Beach call us on 0419 996656
Before sanding your floorboards, our timber floor experts based around Bondi Beach will inspect and:
- Vacuum the floor thoroughly
- Check the surface of the boards for nails and replace or hammer these into the right position for a smooth finish
- Take off any old polish that might remain from previous laminations
An expert in floor sanding and polishing at Bondi Beach will be able to help you with ideas and styles to suit your home and décor. They will be able to discuss the best types of ecofriendly laminates and polishes as well as the different types of woods and surfaces to choose from.
Adler Flooring uses environmentally friendly varnishes including the well known Bona Traffic that results in a stunning matt finish.
Timber Floors: Are My Floorboards Suitable for Sanding?
Your experienced contractors will be able to repair past scratches and imperfections caused by moving furniture and general household wear and tear. Talk to your floor sander about the best finishes for the type of use where you are wanting the work done. Obviously a commercial or industrial floor is going to suffer a lot more wear and tear than domestic timber boards. So make sure you tell the contractor what the floor is being used for.
Can My Timber Floors Look Like This Picture?
If you have old timber floors that need to be repaired and resurfaced, It’s not reasonable to expect that they will end up with the same finish as a new timber floor in a display or magazine home. Older timber floors have some wonderful features that make them completely unique but it is unlikely they will allow a result without any imperfections.
To find out more about rejuvenating your timber floors, contact Adler on 0419 996656.
There are a number of reasons why older timber doesn’t provide a “new” finish:
- Stains: all sorts of domestic stains can occur over time and these can include animal urine, rust and water stains and burns.
- Gouges and Cuts: carpet layers can leave cuts in wood around the edges with their sharp knives. These cuts can allow water to get in deeper than the cut over time and, even after the cut is sanded out, the discolouration may remain.
- Walls taken out: these days, many houses are made larger and more “open plan” and as a result, many walls can be removed to allow for larger spaces. When a wall is removed, it will inevitably leave a dark stain mark. Depending on the room the wall was taken from, the stain can be darker or lighter. Obviously a kitchen, laundry or bathroom is likely to have left a darker stain due to a higher likelihood of water damage.
- Wood Borers and Termites: It is not uncommon for a large part of damage caused by termites and other wood borers to be obvious only when sanding has taken place. If damage is minor, it is possible to fill it with a suitable filler that is colour matched to the board being filled. It is also possible to completely replace the board, however, this can also result in a different colour if the original board is quite old.
For these reasons it is worth consulting a professional, licenced and experienced floor sander and polisher in Bondi Beach. This way you will ensure you have the best result for your timber boards. Call Ted Adler to organise your no obligation quote in the Bondi Beach and Eastern Suburbs area.